Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 weeks to go...

So, exactly 2 weeks from today... I will be on a plane back to America. It's sooo crazy to believe that my time in Florence is coming to an end so quickly. It's a bittersweet situation though because I have grown to love Florence and the city is beautiful and there is so much to do, and I really am not looking forward to going back to "reality". Although, I really miss everyone at home and anxious to be back in America. Although, enough about this, I will start reflecting on my experiences here in a later blog.

Finals are next week... gah! I have done little to no work for the entire semester and now it's crunch time. I am sure I will do fine but I always get nervous and freak myself out because our grades are literally based on the mid-term and final exam so I must do well on them. Also, the weather for the next 10 days is calling for rain. I can't complain though because we have had absolutely beautiful weather for the majority of our stay here. Although, it is a bummer that our final days in Florence will consist of rain. :( It makes you want to hibernate inside all day!

Monday night, I went to a new restaurant called 4 Leoni with some of the girls in my Mediterranean Diet class where I had this amazing salad, I wish I could remember the name of it but the whole menu was in Italian. It had spinach, pesto sauce, pecorino cheese, and avocado... most delicious salad I have had since I've been here. I would go back to this restaurant just for this salad. The main course was even better though it was a cheese and pear ravioli. You wouldn't think that it would taste good but let me tell you it does. At first you just taste the cheese because it is a bit overwhelming but then you fell the crunch of the pear, it's a perfect combination! I really am going to miss Italian food although we have made a pact to start trying as many different restaurants as we can before we live so that we can give recommendations to next year's study abroad students. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment