Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chocolate Ravioli?

Ravioli Ripieno Di Mousse Di Olio Extra Vergine, Fonduta Di Grana, Radiccho Di Chioggia is what we made in Chocolate Class today. We made like ordinary pasta except for 10g were cocoa powder instead of flour, hence the chocolate flavoring. The inside of the ravioli was olive oil which we made into a gelatin mold with gelatin leaflets. We stuffed the ravioli with the olive oil gelatin and closed them. We then proceeded to make a Parmesan sauce to pair with the ravioli which was just a pinch of nutmeg, milk that had been boiled, and Parmesan cheese all blended together. I initially thought that chocolate ravioli would be delicious but the taste was not all that great and the texture was weird so I was sadly disappointed. :( Although, we are going to attempt to make chocolate ravioli again, although Emily suggested that we fill them with butternut squash and add some cinnamon.

For lunch we went to Ganzo and I had squid stuffed with pureed peas which was pretty good but again I was sadly disappointed by my salmon because it was barely even cooked. :( I understand that they were busy but they could have at least cooked my salmon all the way. It was not a good day in the food department.

My other roommate and I decided that after 5 weeks of being here, it was time to hit the gym. After running yesterday, and gym session today I have realized that I am so out of shape. I actually have officially not worked out in 2 months, which is an ultimate record for me for those of you who know me and know that I am obsessed with working out and it kills me to even skip a day. I was just so busy with working, internship, and now traveling that I have not had a moment to spare to work-out. The pasta, bread, and gelato is finally catching up with me. As long as my knees will support me, I plan on running a few times a week. Not only is running great exercise but I will also get to see more of the beautiful city of Florence and may even stumble upon something new.

I'm thinking that I should probably go to bed soon because we are off on one of our cultural trips tomorrow to Napoli, Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii for the weekend and the bus leaves at 6:45 and it's about a 20 minute walk to the bus pick-up so it's going to be an early morning for us all. I'll update you all with pics and news upon return. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment