Monday, March 15, 2010

You don't study in Italy.

So, it's MIDTERMS week! For the past 7 weeks, I have done absolutely no studying and I think two homework assignments. The classes here are awesome and I am learning a lot but the method of teaching is very different. The grades are based on a midterm, a paper, and then the final. The point of studying abroad is to go to classes but it's much more than that... it's about the experience of studying abroad and living in foreign country and traveling and having fun! So, midterms week just kind of creeped up on me so when forced to study this past weekend, I really think I forgot how to study. I was very nervous this morning but there was nothing else I could do, I would not be able to memorize 7 weeks worth of information in day.

My first midterm was The Mediterranean Diet which I think I did well on because this class is not only cooking but it also has a nutritional aspect to it too and I took nutrition last semester so some of the information is repetitive and so I applied a lot of what I learned last semester to this exam so I think I did alright.

On the other hand... my second midterm of the day was Tuscany & Its Wines which I am pretty sure I failed completely. It was about 15 short answer questions and I knew a couple but most of them I guessed and made up answers. You have to understand that she lectures for two hours every class with a power point (each power point is about 60 slides with lots of information) so there was no way I was going to be able to learn 360 slides! We then had to try a wine and evaluate it which I think I managed to do but all I am doing now is hoping for a miracle or that she grades very lightly.

We'll have to wait and see... but I am getting really anxious for SPRING BREAK which is in 3 days... originally, I was supposed to go to Greece but at the last minute, Emily and I decided to switch to the Northern Loop trip (Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Paris) which I am very excited for. The weather here this week is going to be in the 60's and sunny and absolutely beautiful! but I just checked the weather for Prague for this weekend and it's supposed to be in the 40's and rainy. I really hope that weatherchannel.com is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment