Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I need to marry a rich husband...

Okay, so I have been meaning to put this in my blog for a few weeks... My marketing teacher talks about this hotel every week because he created/ open/ began this hotel. He showed us it online and it is absolutely amazing and I hope to get there at one point in my life but basically I need to follow the advice from my teacher... "Marry a very, very, very rich husband so that he can take you there because it is so expensive" So, I have come to the conclusion that I must marry a rich husband.
Check it out, Rooms start at about 900 Euro a night and it is located in the French Polynesia.
http://www.relaischateaux.com/en/search-book/hotel-restaurant/letahaa/

Marketing was boring as always. I like to think of marketing class as my "thinking" time.. I get a lot of thinking done during that time. I know that I should pay attention and actually learn something but it is so hard to listen to him and he goes off on to too many tangents and diversions, so it is rather difficult to stay focused for 2 and half hours.

Emily and I decided to go for a run this afternoon. Definitely not the greatest idea because it was rather cloudy and cold and looked as if it was going to rain. We made it about 2 miles and it lightly started drizzling, so we were 2 miles from home with no rain gear, no money, and no umbrellas... it was a very fast run back to the apartment. It felt so great to run again but I will definitely feel the pain tomorrow and probably have shin splints. I really need to find some running trails that will be a little easier on my knees. I have horrible knees but I love running. Oh well. It was quite cold today too, I thought I was done using my gloves but unfortunately I was wrong. :(

Apertivo! An Apertivo is like a mini buffet, they offer them at a lot of the bars/ cafes around town. Basically what it is, is like a pre-dinner but often there is enough food to eat that you could count it as your dinner. You pay a fixed price and get any drink of your choosing and that an endless amount of food. Jackie and I went tonight at Ganzo and it was delicious. At each apertivo, one of the wine classes takes turn and presents three wines so we went to show support for some of our classmates as they were presenting tonight and Jackie and I will have to present in a few weeks. The wines being presented were the wines that we tried this past Monday in class so we learn about the wines in class and then present them to the public/ students at the apertivo to encourage them to learn/ try a new wine and as my wine teacher says, "To have them appreciate wine and stop ordering jack and cokes or vodka tonics." I plan on trying some of the other apertivos in the city in the near future. I heard of one that has sushi in their apertivos on Wednesday, I am definitely trying that one next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment