Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Peace & Love.

Just a list:

1. I got so excited today when I saw magazines in English, I swore I took a double take before I actually went over to check out the price. 9.50 Euro! Which is like $13.00 U.S. Dollars... I guess I will not be reading any magazines for the next few months.

2. I met a boy today named Kevin, from Portland, Oregon at Ganzo. Sometimes when I meet people, they just amaze me and he is one of those people. He goes to school in California but on the weekends, he travels to Mexico for volunteer work. I volunteer when I can and when opportunities are presented to me but he inspired me that there is really so much more you can do. I would love to spend the summer doing mission work or Haiti Relief work. I have so much to give, I might as well give back to good causes and people in need.

3. I really need to stop jay-walking or I am going to get run-over!

4. I really need to learn how to cook more interesting/ healthy food besides omelets.

5. Italy is very expensive!

6. I have a new found love of Blood Oranges! Do they sell these at home?

7. I miss my sisters! :(

8. I thoroughly enjoyed the sun and near 60 degree weather today although I am not looking forward to the next few days of rain.

9. I really do love to read and Jodi Picoult is one of my new favorite authors.

10. I really want to start running again, if the rain holds out... I am going to start running along the river tomorrow!

11. Kitchens (especially, ours) are disgusting! Ew!

12. Yogurt & Granola... My new favorite breakfast!

13. I feel safe walking by myself 90% of the time but whenever I see the cops nearby, I always feel soooo much safer. The cops always walk in pairs and are always walking around the piazzas and more touristy areas.

14. Heels are not safe to walk in on the cobblestone. I do not wear heels but I saw this lady fall flat on her face, luckily her husband was there to somewhat brace her fall but she fell pretty hard on her face. At first, I thought she was having a heart attack.

15. I will never take the use of a dryer for granted again. I continually have to plan when I do laundry because you have to allow 2 to 3 days for it to dry.

16. Emily's parents & sister are coming to visit next week, we are very excited! Although, I wish my family was able to see Italy too.

17. I am going to need a few jobs when I get home to pay for this trip. Anybody have any suggestions?! I am willing to travel/ re-locate for work! :)

18. I love walking through the city and accidentally running into my favorite bartenders!

19. We walk so much everyday that we are here, I am starting to wonder what it will be like to return home. Endicott is a very small campus and to think I used to complain about having to walk from my dorm to the library. Never again will I complain about having to walk the short distance across campus.

20. I really dread Wednesdays because I have to sit through 2 and half hours of boring lecture.

21. I am starting to get nervous about midterms coming up in 2 weeks! But on the other hand, I am soooo excited to go to Greece!

22. I hate PIGEONS and PEOPLE BLOWING CIGARETTE SMOKE DIRECTLY INTO MY FACE more than anything else in Florence.

23. Peace & Love is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment